Wednesday, February 27, 2013

midterm madness ending at the market

by some incredible sequence of events, we've made it to midterms week. I'm in official denial we're anywhere close to halfway done with the semester as there is just too much left to do and see! in desperate attempts to make the most of my fleeting moments of final studies, I decided to set out to a bit of this exploring.

on monday : I woke up early to spend a half day interning at snap fashion but upon realizing they had no computer for me to work at, I set out to see something... anything! I made my way south to the victoria & albert museum (host to some billion objects of design) where I obsessed over their eighteenth century statues and historic fashion collection before making my way to spend a fantastic two or three hours in the cafe - anything for a good cup of tea & chocolate bar! 

tuesday : a little less adventurous after my first exam, I took a ten minute walk from our school in bloomsbury to soho/noho (not sure which I found...) to tapped & packed, a local cafe with fantastic coffee and a lovely, neighborhood feel. 

wednesday : after my midterm (only one left for next week! ), a few gals & I traveled a little farther north to camden market and enjoyed an early afternoon of vintage shopping, sweet deals and free samples off asian food stands. I made it back home without too many purchases but the authentic feel was tough to pass up - definitely a destination to return to! 

off to scotland for the weekend : look out for updates from the north!

 walking up to the V&A museum : it already looks elaborate
 the awesome ceiling & windows of the awesome V&A cafe
 as an insta-addict : I had to share my lunch plate, view & snack of tea with a shortbread/carmel cookie
 a favorite view from the V&A : the modern glass chandelier with european statues in the backdrop
 lost in a british alley on a rainy day & not sad about it!
 I blame lack of caffeine/sleep for my excitement over this americano & vintage spoon combo
our first glimpse at the market that lay ahead...
 after many distractions & a couple purchases : the inside of the stables (the vintage side of the market)
 zebra scarf & cable knit henley : final finds of the day!
the crew enjoying a seat on the classic camden vespas (see the canal right behind us?)

No comments:

Post a Comment